Whether you consider social media to be an annoyance or an excellent marketing tool, it is a definitely a necessity for all small businesses – dental practices included. But why has social media become so important and what can it do for your practice? The answer is quite multifaceted.
Almost all organizations have some basic level of a social media presence, without it, there’s the high chance you’ll get left behind. It also allows patients to see the more human side of a small business, and a chance for them to get to know the practice further. Additionally, word-of-mouth is not contained to your local area anymore, social media has allowed customers reviews and comments to ‘go digital.’ Last but not least, it is a cost-effective marketing tool that also helps with something called ‘search engine optimization’ where Google and other search engines rank you higher on their respective sites.
This list below is by no means exhaustive, they are just some of the few key reasons social media is important and how it can benefit a dental practice. Now that we understand the ‘why,’ what about the ‘how?’ How can we use social media effectively to drive new patients and encourage repeat patients to visit my dental practice? Below are Bitebank’s top 5 tips for using Social Media:
- Post engaging content on various platforms on a regular basis (schedule it)
- Have offers and contests exclusive to social media
- Post pictures! Social media is all about visuals
- Share and comment on other’s content you are following to promote interaction
- Integrate with your practice website – make sure there are clear links between the two